Starfish Lizangie's Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Birthday and Graduation Photos

This special event occurred on 8 October, 2006. Well, my birthday happens to be on this day, but who would have thought Edith Cowan University would have set the graduation ceremony on the same day? Some of you may think wow, what a coincidence, but I believe it was more than a coincidence. As my younger brother put it, "It is beyond a coincidence. It is simply a blessing!" Yep, I was really blessed to graduate on my birthday, after having completed a Bachelor of Communications with a Double Major in Media Studies and Advertising. After the ceremony, we went out to Miss Mauds restaurant in the city for dinner. My friend Lydia had graduated a couple of days before me, so we had a combined celebration, which went really well, with a turnout of 35 people to help us celebrate this joyous occasion.First of all, I thank God for bringing me this far, and for the plans He has in store for me. Secondly, thanks heaps to my parents and siblings who have been some of my greatest supporters and encouragers throughout my undergraduate studies. I cannot forget to thank to my Singaporian sister Annette, for the manicure, pedicure, doing my make-up and pretty much being my personal assistant for the day...I think I know who will be the best maid if I ever decide to get married... Thanks to my friend Simon (Solomon's best mate), for the graduation gown and mortarboard. I still think you should start charging any borrowers after I graduate from my Masters degree. We can go 50-50...What do you say? Last but not least, thanks to everyone who attended the dinner, because the night wouldn't have been the same without you. I'm sure you've all been waiting, so here are some of the pics from the ceremony and the dinner.

My older brother Solomon and I
Lydia's parents and I
My wonderful friend Beatrice and I
My friend Simon and I (Thanks heaps for the gown & motarboard)

The beautiful Annette and I
Daniel and I
My close friend Lydia and I
My wonderful friends from Connect Group and RVTV


The L girl :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home